Title : Senior Business Subject Matter Expert 2 (SME2)
Categories : Contract
Location : Dauphin County PA
Job Description :
Duration: Long Term
Client: PDA (Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture)
This position leads a scrum team that is responsible for supporting licensing and inspection activities in the department, as well as other projects as needed. Communication, collaboration and management at the most senior level is required.
As the delivery center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional project manager and serving as a scrum master on a scrum team. Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks is a plus. This position reports to the business and service management director for the delivery center.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Coaching team members in self-management and cross-functionality.
• Developing and maintaining project documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
• Developing detailed project plans using project scheduling tools.
• Leading all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources.
• Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
• Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
• Helping the product owner find effective techniques for managing the product backlog.
• Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
• Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes.
• Working with the product owner to address any changes that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project.
• Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as retrospectives and reviews.
• Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the commonwealth’s project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health, and timekeeping data.
• Working closely with agency business relationship managers, executive staff, and delivery center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
• Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the delivery center.
• Serving as scrum master for agile development teams.
• Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
• Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management with the delivery center and our customer agencies.
• Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures
• Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of delivery center staff associated with the project.
1. Required: 6+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects.
2. Required: 2+ years full-time experience serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
3. Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive staff.
4. Required: Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
5. Desired: PMP or scrum master certification.
6. Desired: 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies